Sunday, October 7, 2018

October


I had fun today playing with Texture Paste. It was my first go at it and it was fun to work with. 

I used transparent gloss which leaves a clear, shiny surface. I think this would be very pretty on a solid color cardstock. I think it would make sort of a tone on tone textured effect. I’ll try that another time. Today I used white cardstock because I wanted to play with color and what better way than to use the colors in this weeks Heart2Heart Challenge.
I also wanted to play along using the sketch inspiration from Let’s Get Sketchy’s Oct 1 challenge. 



I made a stencil using Triangles #M4186D5 from the Close to my Heart - Artistry cartridge.  I then applied the Texture Paste. Before it could dry I loaded a flat waterbrush with nectarine ink and flicked it across the stencil. I did the same thing using Ruby and Charcoal inks. Sticking with the color scheme I cut embellishments and a Title using Ruby, Nectarine and Charcoal papers from CTMH.


Since this was my first attempt at Texture Paste I joined {PIN}spirational Challenge #225- try something different challenge also. I'm always up for fun so I also entered over at Always Fun Challenges #78 Dies and Punches.

 

14 comments:

  1. Awesome layout!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe what a cute magic sleeping hat! Sweet page! Thanks for joining us @ LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used that fun texture paste! It really added something to your page! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the backgraound! Thnak you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch and very cute photos. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice page, I like the way you used the texture paste. Thank you for playing along with us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the texture paste and colours... all works well together. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch, love the texture on the base of your design. Thanks for joining us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great memory to save forever. I love the colours and great use of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stenciling! It really adds interest! Thank you so much for joining us at LGS❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beatiful take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome take on the sketch. Love the way you changed it up to suit your photos. Thanks for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy. Deb <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great! Thanks for joining us Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice interpretation of the sketch and the textured paste you used as part of your background. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart.

    ReplyDelete