Friday, April 5, 2019

Renovating My Craftroom

One wall down.
Carpet tacks removed. Ready to start scraping walls.

 I found that by spraying a small section of the wall with plain water and letting it sit for a couple of minutes the texture came off much more easily. Also, I started out with a 3 inch putty knife and that was more work than it was worth. I found this old long handle scraper out in my husband's workshop and it worked much better. I'd put on my earphones, start up a good book on my Kindle and get into the zone.


After about a week of scraping on and off I finally got the walls and ceiling finished.
The walls are painted and the trim is up. The paint came from Ace Hardware and it's called Romantic Blue. It looks like periwinkle to me. It's almost identical to the color on the walls before and it makes me happy.


The laminate flooring is from Home Depot. It's Hand Scraped Saratoga Hickory. Of course we had to purchase enough to not only finish this room, but our bedroom and hallway too. 
Now for the fun part. Setting it up the way I want.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment