Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring has Sprung or has it?



Just when you think it’s safe to say “spring has sprung” another cold front comes through. Granted, where I live, deep in the piney woods of east Texas our cold front is spring to a lot of you, but it’s still not quite time to put away all the winter clothes. I guess that’s the reason all the spring paper challenges have got my creative juices flowing again. I’m ready for some sunshine.
I wanted to make a cheery Get Well card for some dear friends of mine that are on the mend after long bouts of illness and mishap so I combined that with several great challenges going on.
I used Everyday PopUp Cricut cartridge to make this colorful card.

I love how the flowers really stand out when you open the card. I used cardstock on the flower stems, but I still had to go back and glue and tape some wire to the stems of my flowers keep them standing up.
I added some grass for even more dimension.
 I cut the card, the popup flower box, and flower stems at a height of 5.24 using my Gypsy. The flower heads had to be scaled down to 3.08 so they would fit the stems. The sun is from Gypsy Wanderings. I also cut a circle from there for the center of my sun. 


The butterfly is an embellishment from my stash
I’ve been looking for some nice Get Well and Sympathy sentiments that aren’t run of the mill. I found just what I was looking for in the “From the Inside Out” stamp set by Scrappy Moms. My order just came in and I love the sentiments and font styles in this stamp set.


I am going to enter the following challenges. Stop by and check out all the creativity.

10 comments:

  1. I love the pop up feature, and the paper & cuts work really well together. Thanks for joining us at Just-A-Scrappin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pop up card. And you are correct, your spring flowers are making me long for spring too! THank you for playing long at JAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super, I like the pop up feature, too!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really into that cart lately and your card is gorgeous! I love the inside - you added some great elements in just the right spaces!
    Thank you for joining us at FCCB!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and cheerful. Thanks for playing along with FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great card! Love the flower box! So creative! Great colors for your flowers too!

    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card. Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creavtive Chicks ♥
    ♥ HIMCR ♥DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the pretty flowers and the interactive element. Thanks for joining the challenge at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! Love the pop-up element! Thanks for playing along with us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute interactive card !!Definitely makes me want spring even more. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB !!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete