Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013



I hope that you are looking forward to 2013 and all it will bring. On New Years I like to start taking down the Christmas decorations so I can begin the year with a clean slate. I’ve been taking down Christmas decorations all day. The last one (hopefully) has been wrapped and packed away for next year. No matter how careful I am I always seem to leave out at least one decoration though. I had hubby go through the house and see if he saw any I might have over looked. Time will tell. There’s got to be a parable in there somewhere. 

I didn’t do much scrapbooking the last month or so, but I did do a couple of pages. The idea popped into my head one day and I couldn’t wait to try it. I like how it turned out. 
This paper came from K&Company's Itsy Bitsy collection.

 I used the same process for both pages but using different papers gave them a different look and feel and they will be going into different albums so it won’t seem redundant.
This paper is from Martha Stewart's  Holidays Pad

I made my title strips Using scraps of left over paper and stickers I had on hand. I used Ranger Stickles to give a little sparkle to the GB's page and I curled their title strips to match the frame.
A close up
Using two sided paper, 8 x 8 paper I cut an X where I planned to put the picture. I mounted the picture from behind so when I curled back the triangles left by the X, they created the frame for the photograph.
I entered this on the Little Scrap Pieces Challenge


3 comments:

  1. hi Rebecca thank you so much for joining the LSP "winter" Challenge with your beautiful layout love how it looks like the picutre is popping out of the paper. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lay-outs! Fun technique! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layouts are awesome! I love the little window you created! So fun!
    Thanks for joining us at Little Scrap Pieces!
    Sherrie K
    DT Member
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete