Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Whoa! Look at me now. My first post. How fitting that it should be on the birthday of our country.

Happy 4th of July!

Welcome in! I've started this blog to share my adventures in my crafting room. It's not a large room, but it's my space and I spend a lot of time in it. I love to scrapbook, sew, try all types of needlecraft, paint and create. Sometimes I just stare off into space and think. I get a lot of inspiration from fellow bloggers, pinterest, magazines, just about everywhere. The main reason I've begun this journey with a blog is to showcase my latest passion which is paper crafts. I love to scrapbook, make cards, banners, you name it. I have my trusty Cricut Expression, a Gypsy, an assortment of cartridges and lots of paper and I'm ready to make something! So without further ado...
 Here is my Salute to Independence Day scrapbook layout.

I used the seasonal Cricut cartridge, Independence Day 
I'm going to enter this in the CWC #93-happy-birthday-usa-Challenge.

Another 4th of July project I just finished is this firecracker centerpiece. I used an empty Pringles can as the firecracker and a silhouette cut out from A Child's Year.

I used the cartridge, "A Child's Year" for the
blue and white bits and pieces. 
This is my entry for the 1. Fantabulous Cricut Challenge # 118
,                                  2. Little Scrap Pieces Fun Friday Challenge
                                   3. Bitten by the Bug 2: Patriotic Challenge

19 comments:

  1. Cute picture and a great layout. Love the titles and the cute little embellishment in the center. Thanks for joining us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun alyout. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing with BBTB2. You have word verification enabled, I will try one more time to leave this comment.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling layout and I ADORE your firecracker centerpiece. SUPER cute and clever! I'll have to remember this for next year. Thanks so much for sharing with BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. great layout and oh that firecracker centerpiece is Wonderful, thanks for joining us at the BBTB2 Challenge, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's adorable!!! You are so creative. I hope you stop by the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project. I love how you repurposed the Pringles can. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the blogging world! Very cute projects! Love the firecracker centerpiece! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable projects. Just love how you used your used pringle can. Thanks for playing along with us at the FCCB. Hope you join us again. Happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your nice comments! It's very encouraging.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your layout and your Pringles firecracker! How clever to make a firecracker center piece out of a prinkles can. You layout is fabulous, I love your die cuts and your pic is adorble!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great center piece! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on starting your blog off with a bang! Love your layout and the sentiment I love American and the hanging charms just adorable. Thank you so much for joining my challenge. I hope you find your blogging adventure as rewarding a I have. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to blog world! You did amazing, it's hard to believe it's your first post. Your firecracker was genious & so cute! Thanks for playing at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks also for joining us as a BBTB2 this week for the Patriotic challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout and your centrpiece is wonderful, such a great idea! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute layout and neat centerpiece love the altered can idea :) thanks fo rsharing your fun projects with us at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you made that cut three dimensional! super creative! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at BBTB2!

    -Rebekah

    ReplyDelete