Friday, July 13, 2012

Cold Treats on a Hot Day


We’ve had a respite from the heat the past few days. The temperatures have been in the high 80’s and low 90’s with rain and thunderstorms in the afternoons or at night. It’s a nice change from the triple digits, drought, and fires we had last summer. The weatherman has promised us rising temperatures and of course high humidity in our near future. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the 'cooler' weather. When I’m hot, I’m not a happy camper, but then again, I usually freeze when I’m inside in the air conditioning to long so I have to go back outside for a little while to thaw out.  It’s a vicious cycle. One of the best ways to break that cycle and to stay cool from the inside out is ice cream! Any flavor will do. Homemade is the best.
My GB’s, ages 1 & 2 are just now discovering the joy of ice cream or a Popsicle on a hot day in summer. I was happy to see the Yummy, Yummy challenge #119 over at FCCB.  Celebrate the Occasion also has an I Scream for Ice Cream Challenge HERE. It gave me the motivation to create a layout for the GB’s enjoying their ice cream. Their Mama always makes them go outside to eat the cold treats since it melts so quickly and is so messy. That’s why I couldn’t resist adding the little puddle of melting ice cream. 
 I used Sweet Treat cartridge for the ice cream cone, UpRight font from Opposites Attract for the lettering, and enlarged the Once Upon a Time Accent/Blackout from Provocrafts Storybook cartridge for the shaped background. 
  What do you use for inspiration/motivation? Do start with the picture and build your layout around it or do you create your layout first and then find a picture to use? Do you use theme paper or do you choose colors that inspire you? That’s what I love about crafting. There is no right or wrong way to craft. We all take different approaches and end up with different results and yet they are all interesting and imaginative. 
Happy Crafting

13 comments:

  1. Sweet layout hun thanks for joining the fun at FCCB this week.
    xhugsx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that dripping ice cream and the pink paper. Such a "sweet" Layout! I was catching up on some emails was coming by to tell you how to add the challenge winner button but I see you have it up! Take a while to figure out all the blogger stuff. Sent your package out yesterday priority mail you should have it soon hopefully tomorrow...have a great weekend. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen I got your package! Thank you so much. I can't wait to use them. The ribbons are great. I appreciate your encouragement.
      Rebecca

      Delete
  3. Fabulous layout! Great use of the Sweet Treats cart. I bet those pics are just precious! Thanks for joining us at FCCB:-)

    ~Tammy S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute layout! Love the way you did the title around the page and the dripping ice cream. Thanks for joining us at FCCB for the Yummy challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very cute layout!! I love everything especially the colors! I also want to say thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love =)

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute LO!! So very glad you joined us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy creation!

    I invite you to play with us at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com for our current challenge, which is ICE CREAM!

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful layout. I hear ya about the air conditioning..TFS with us at CTO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun layout! Thanks for playing along with us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute layout! Love the melting cone :)
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely layout :) Thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy
    *hugs* Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a fun LO, I love all the ice-cream elements that you got into it along with the Neapolitan colors! Thanks for joining us @ CTO for our "Ice Cream" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete