Sunday, April 14, 2013

Eureka Moment



I had a Eureka moment this weekend that I wanted to share with you. I love repurposing old things. I love poking around at garage sales and estate sales and finding weird overlooked items and then trying to find a new use for them. Last weekend I picked up an old metal stamp holder at an estate sale. You know, one of those things accountant types used to use. They usually hold wooden handled stamps that say Payment Due, Sign Here, etc.  I thought, hey, I’ve got stamps maybe I could use this. So I took it home with high expectations. Well, my stamps don’t have handles, my punches where too big, and I was beginning to think uh-oh when it hit me. I keep my brads in glass spice bottles. The kind with glass stopper tops. I store them in a cabinet and every time I need a brad I have to root around trying to find the color I want. Guess what? Six of those spice bottles fit perfectly in my stamp holder! Now when I need a brad I can just spin my stamp holder and grab what I need.
Eureka!
As you can see I don't have my brads in the bottles. I thought I better clean the bottles out  if they were going to be on display. LOL!
I'm sharing my idea with other crafty people over at 
Tatertots and Jello's Weekend Wrap Up Party
So You Think You're Crafty's I'm Crafty Linky Party! 
Nap Time Crafters: Friday Favs Party 
 

1 comment:

  1. Cool...don't you just love those unexpected 'tadaa' moments!!

    ReplyDelete