Thursday, January 31, 2013

Snow



Last year we had a nice snow in our neck of the woods. Snow is so infrequent around here that instead of battling it, everything shuts down. HH and I took advantage of the time off and went tramping through the woods to see it in all of its white finery. It’s amazing how everything is transformed when it snows. The drab and dreary winter woods change to brilliant and pristine when given a coat of glistening snow.  I love how our red coats stand out so vibrantly against it. 
The Pink Elephant has started up a scrapbook challenge (YEA!)   
I used their cute Challenge #44 Layout for my snow page. 
Stop by and leave the design team at TPE some love.
  
For the snowman on the sled die cut 
I used Jolly Holiday from Cricut
and Winter Woodland for the snowflakes.  
The ribbon is from my stash.
 Since I used a snowman in my layout I thought I'd enter the "Got Snow?" Challenge over at My Sheri Crafts and the Snowmen challenge at Bitten by the Bug2. They have some cute snowmen/women over there. Whimsical Designs is asking for a little sparkle and a snowflake for their Wednesday Challenge Check them out!

12 comments:

  1. Your LO is FABULOUS -- love the snowman on the sled and you're right, your red coats stand out beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout! Love your take on this weeks sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us a TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute layout! That snowman cut is one of my favorites. Thank you for joining us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fantastic layout and your snowman on his sledge isjust the cutest! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout!! What a cute snowman & great snowflakes to highlight that terrific photos! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2 this week!
    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty layout and I love the pops of read in the photos and on the snowman. Very cute! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous LO.Love the snowman cut you used and beautiful piccies.Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. super layout that lil sleddin snowman is adorable :) thanks fo rsharing with us at bbtb2 :) you also should also go enter this at our whimsical wednesday challenges winter challenge (snowflake and sparkle) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a wonderful LO, and a perfect snowman. Thanks for sharing this with us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout. I love your snowman. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love your layout! Like you I love how the woods and everywhere else is so pristine after a snow storm! I love your red coats, you both look like Cardinals in the snow!! Awesome!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE IT! I also love how Mr. Snowball's hat stands out too! LOL! The clean and simple layout is perfect for the matching photos. Thanks a bunch for playing along with the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge at Whimsical Designs!

    ReplyDelete